The Firefly House is a pan-Pagan organization and tradition of Wiccans, Witches, polytheists, and magick-workers based in the Washington DC area. We seek to maintain a community of individuals committed to building a deep spiritual practice, sharing knowledge, and helping one another in the journey of the Pagan experience.
We currently operate within a twofold structure with various functions in each:
As a Wiccan tradition, we seek to encourage the growth of the soul’s evolution by engaging with the forces of the natural world and the sacred truths of our own inner beings. We do this through a set of shared goals that keep us accountable for our work, such as:
- Observing the solar and lunar tides through sabbat and esbat rituals
- Pursuing knowledge of spiritual and esoteric information
- Maintaining a daily spiritual practice
- Participating within the community
- Establishing close bonds with members of the tradition, both through membership in covens and networking of solitary initiates.
Firefly is both a coven-based and solitary-based tradition. If a coven is located in your area, seekers may approach for membership if that coven is open to new members. The “mother coven” of our tradition is Coven of the Spiral Moon, which is the organizing council of the entire tradition.