[Please keep your RSVP up to date as far in advance as possible so we can plan the class flow for the size of the group. Thank you!]
[Please note: You must have completed Wicca 1 and 2 to attend Wicca 3. The material covered will relate to all past classes. Thanks for understanding!]
Save the date for the final set of classes for the Firefly Tradition of Wicca foundations class series!
Wicca 3 will cover:
• Developing a relationship with the gods as priest(ess) of the Craft
• Working with the egregore: the sacred group mind and thoughtform of our tradition, how it works, how to use it, and how to contribute to it.
• Ancestors of the Craft: Working with the Mighty Dead
• What it means to be part of a tradition, whether in a coven or an outer court.
• Finding your “vocation”, or areas of special interest to have eventual mastery with.
Elements will cover:
• The origin of the classical elements and how they found their way into Wiccan thought.
• The psychological associations of the elements. How do they play out in our mental/emotional/spiritual lives?
• The Guardians and Watchers of the Craft: Their origins and how Firefly views them.
• Working with elementals, nature spirits, and other brings of the land.
Information About Initiation:
Wicca 3 is the final class series required for initiation into the outer court tradition of Firefly. Folks who complete these classes will be given instructions on final projects to complete, should they chose initiation.
Public initiations for this year take place at our Litha (Summer Solstice) gathering this summer. You must have taken all previous foundations classes to attend this one. Candidates eligible to initiate after completing everything are welcome to move forward if you have a sincere interest in joining the Firefly priesthood and assisting us in helping to organize and lend support to our projects throughout the year. Essentially, we like incoming initiates to agree to stay involved with us on deeper community organizing levels, even if its just a few times a year. Initiation also confers voting power during our council votes.
Note: we couldn’t grab a room at the library for this one. We looked around a but, but in the end, it’s easiest to put this one at Dash’s house. The closest metro stop is the yellow line’s Huntington station. From there, you’ll want to grab and Uber or Lyft to his place. There is parking available at his house in both marked visitors spots and along Windbreak Dr.
Anyone who can should bring a chair. Dash has only so many and this’ll probably use them all up!
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Dash at [masked].